* plan9 openbsd
@ 2020-07-27  5:26 William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-27  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front; +Cc: ori

Ori

I know you have installed plan9 on OpenBSD. How did you install it? I have noticed my Qemu install is very slow compared the vbox on my Mac mini. Just curious.

* Re: [9front] plan9 openbsd
@ 2020-07-27 14:37 ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-27 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, 9front; +Cc: ori

> Ori
>
> I know you have installed plan9 on OpenBSD. How did you install it?
> I have noticed my Qemu install is very slow compared the vbox on my
> Mac mini. Just curious.

I run it on native hardware.

As of July, though, the bug in vmd should be fixed, so
running 9front on -current should work. I haven't tried.

* Re: [9front] plan9 openbsd
@ 2020-07-27 19:12 ` Jeremy O'Brien
From: Jeremy O'Brien @ 2020-07-27 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front; +Cc: ori

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020, at 01:26, William Gunnells wrote:
> Ori
>
> I know you have installed plan9 on OpenBSD. How did you install it? I
> have noticed my Qemu install is very slow compared the vbox on my Mac
> mini. Just curious.

Run it under vmm like any other virtual machine. also make sure you have:

console=0 b19200

on your boot prompt/in your plan9.ini for serial console access.

vmm doesn't support graphics, but that doesn't matter since we have drawterm.

Make sure you're running -current, as Ori said, or your VM will crash if you breathe on it.