* Virtualbox keyboard/mouse capture and release
@ 2020-11-22 21:54 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2020-11-22 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I just did an install under Virtualbox on my Catalina Macbook Air.
All went well for a short while, but then vbox GUI window started
refusing to release the keyboard.  Even after escaping the clutches
of the window, the mouse also seemed to be trapped.

This is with an external USB keyboard and mouse.  If I use the trackpad
I can get control of the system mouse pointer, but the whole mess repeats
as soon as I give focus back to the VM's gui window.

What I *think* set this off was adding the keyboard and mouse to
the VM's USB hub.  I did that to try working around a different
problem that cropped up after the install (which I'll describe
in another message).

I realize this is almost certainly not a 9front problem.  I'm just
wondering if anyone has backed themselves into a similar corner
with Virtualbox+9front and found a cure.

--lyndon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-22 21:54 UTC | newest]