* Re: [9front] latest rio
@ 2016-03-20 19:54 sl
From: sl @ 2016-03-20 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> maybe provide more specific instructions how to reproduce? how
> much text did you paste? maybe it only happens if you paste huge
> text? whats the receiving program? just the rc shell?

Length of the text doesn't seem to matter. I can reproduce
this with a text four characters long.

I can only reproduce this by using the paste or send items from the
mb2 menu. The paste chord seems unaffected.

The delay is not consistent. Sometimes there is almost no delay.
Other times, a paste may take several seconds. The paste will
happen instantly if I click a mouse button in the same window
after pasting.

sl

* Re: [9front] latest rio
@ 2016-03-20 20:40 ` BurnZeZ
From: BurnZeZ @ 2016-03-20 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I can only reproduce this by using the paste or send items from the
> mb2 menu. The paste chord seems unaffected.

Testing only in drawterm I can duplicate with Paste, but not Send.
Chords are unaffected here as well.

* Re: [9front] latest rio
@ 2016-03-21 11:03 ` qwx
From: qwx @ 2016-03-21 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 03:54:20PM -0400, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
> Length of the text doesn't seem to matter. I can reproduce
> this with a text four characters long.
>
> I can only reproduce this by using the paste or send items from the
> mb2 menu. The paste chord seems unaffected.
>
> The delay is not consistent. Sometimes there is almost no delay.
> Other times, a paste may take several seconds. The paste will
> happen instantly if I click a mouse button in the same window
> after pasting.

For me, when using either of send, paste or look from the mb2, it seems
that the screen doesn't get flushed until either a command terminates
and rio prints the prompt, or a keyboard or mouse button is pressed.
The inconsistent delays might be simply the time it takes for the
command sent to terminate.

To test: in all of the following cases, nothing happens until a key or
mouse button is pressed:
- snarf 'dd' and send it using mb2 menu
- position the cursor, then paste using the mb2 menu (and not a mouse
  chord)
- select 'dd' and look in the buffer using the mb2 menu

If I send a command that doesn't terminate immediately (say dd -count
something), the screen will update when it does.

qwx

* Re: [9front] latest rio
@ 2016-03-22 16:28   ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2016-03-22 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

understood. fix coming up, just couldnt commit when i had no internet.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] latest rio
@ 2016-03-19 10:29 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2016-03-19 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2016-03-19 10:20 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2016-03-19 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i can't reproduce, it all works fine here.

--
cinap