* drawterm mouse settings
@ 2016-07-12  4:33 sl
From: sl @ 2016-07-12  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Is there any way to modify mouse settings (a la mouse(3)) for a
drawterm session?

I've never tried to do this before, but it appears drawterm does
not provide a mousectl file, only a mouse file.

sl

* Re: [9front] drawterm mouse settings
@ 2016-07-12 10:11 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2016-07-12 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I was under the impression this is handled by your OS (Xorg for
example), not inside drawterm.

* Re: [9front] drawterm mouse settings
@ 2016-07-13  0:22   ` stanley lieber
From: stanley lieber @ 2016-07-13  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was under the impression this is handled by your OS (Xorg for
>example), not inside drawterm.

So, mousectl is simply not implemented?

@ 2016-07-13  0:58     ` Dave MacFarlane
From: Dave MacFarlane @ 2016-07-13  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 8:22 PM, stanley lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com> wrote:
> hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I was under the impression this is handled by your OS (Xorg for
>>example), not inside drawterm.
>
> So, mousectl is simply not implemented?
>
> sl

What would it do? Change the settings on the OS of the machine that
you're connecting
from?

- Dave

* Re: [9front] drawterm mouse settings
@ 2016-07-13  1:34       ` stanley lieber
From: stanley lieber @ 2016-07-13  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Dave MacFarlane <driusan@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 8:22 PM, stanley lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com>
>wrote:
>> hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I was under the impression this is handled by your OS (Xorg for
>>>example), not inside drawterm.
>>
>> So, mousectl is simply not implemented?
>>
>> sl
>>

>What would it do? Change the settings on the OS of the machine that
>you're connecting
>from?
>
>- Dave

No, why would anyone expect activity inside the drawterm session to change the behavior of the host OS?

The expected result would be to change the behavior of the mouse inside the drawterm session, just as the mouse(3) bits that are currently implemented facilitate the current behavior of the mouse inside the drawer term session. If I understand correctly, all that is missing here is implementing those bits (namely, ctl messages).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and this is impossible, but if so, how can the mouse work at all? Drawterm already intercepts and interprets the mouse, right?

@ 2016-07-13  9:56         ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2016-07-13  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

If I understand correctly this is how the mouse works:

        case MotionNotify:
                me = (XMotionEvent *)e;
                s = me->state;
                ms.xy.x = me->x;
                ms.xy.y = me->y;
                ms.msec = me->time;
                break;

@ 2016-07-17 21:42           ` Adam Mrówka
From: Adam Mrówka @ 2016-07-17 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

modified drawterm /kern/devmouse.c to allow buttonmap command

buttonmap xyz
or
buttonmap (reset to default)

whole file http://okturing.com/src/3732/body
patch http://okturing.com/src/3736/body

i dont know if apply because of SHIFT key modifier (default) that changes
mouse button 3 behavior to act like middle mouse 2 button.
anyway anon delivers, still if someone is interested.

second test. drawterm respects Windows mouse settings, if button is swapped
in OS.

@ 2016-07-18  9:09             ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2016-07-18  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

looks ok, but there are bugs. the permissions are set wrong in the Dirtab
for the mousectl file, the queue entry is accessed at the wrong place
and the code doesnt match the style.

i'v applied a change based on 9fronts devmouse implementing the other
mousectl's as well and which preserves the coding style.

--
cinap