* Hi
@ 2014-08-02  2:57 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-02  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'm now going to use 9front for my main machine.
I read the FAQ of maintaining the system.
When makeing fileserver, It says put the line of
service=cpu
while the kernel is 9pcf.
This is also true to make auth server...

Why you don't use 9pccpuf instead of 9pcf?

Anyway, I was just beginning to make fileserver,
and found we need basic Plan9 constituting
machines, such as fileserver, authserver/cpu server
and terminals...  Old memory came back to me!

Hmmm, I have to buy at least one more Rapsberry pi
board for auth server...   Am I right?
Or can I use auth/file server on a machine?

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-02  3:07 ` sl
From: sl @ 2014-08-02  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> When makeing fileserver, It says put the line of
> service=cpu
> while the kernel is 9pcf.
> This is also true to make auth server...
>
> Why you don't use 9pccpuf instead of 9pcf?

9front got rid of the different kernels and now just uses one kernel
per architecture.

> Hmmm, I have to buy at least one more Rapsberry pi
> board for auth server...   Am I right?
> Or can I use auth/file server on a machine?

You can run *everything* on one machine if you want.

It's up to you.

sl

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-02  7:31   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-02  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> Hmmm, I have to buy at least one more Rapsberry pi
>> board for auth server...   Am I right?
>> Or can I use auth/file server on a machine?
>
> You can run *everything* on one machine if you want.

It's very nice to me.
I followed the FAQ of maintaing system, now my
A68N-5000 machine is file server.   The, I tried to make it
auth server followinmg the FAQ.   At this stage I got
error message of no 5356 listenning(somehow).
I looked into /rc/bin/service and /rc/bin/service.auth,
there is no term for secstore (5356).  How I can solve this?

By the way, I may be too quick to enter full system.
I should have more time to be familiar with this 9front.
If possible, I'd like to this machine back to usual terminal.
It' very hard to do so so far.
Can I do it?   If possible how?

Kenji

PS.
Strange to me, when I use the machine as fileserver etc,
there is no /dev/draw.   I had it when using the machine
as a terminal.   wondering...

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-02  7:53     ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-02  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> By the way, I may be too quick to enter full system.
> I should have more time to be familiar with this 9front.
> If possible, I'd like to this machine back to usual terminal.
> It' very hard to do so so far.
> Can I do it?   If possible how?

I tired it by myself, and got errors.
I removed the of
service=cpu
from /dev/sdC0/9fat/plan9.ini.

Then I got the following errors:
mount: auth-proxy: auth\proxy read fd: authread: auth protocol not finished
mount: mount /root: authread: auth protocol not finished
mount -c /srv/boot /root: mount 613: mount

Then, back to the bootargs[] input line. and this loop is
forever continued.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-02 12:13       ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2014-08-02 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

cwfs still has authentication enabled but theres no host key read by
factotum from nvram because you switched it to be a terminal.
you need to disable authentication from cwfs config mode:

on bootargs, pass the -c flag to cwfs: local!/dev/sdXX/fscache -c

then type:

noauth

it should say something like

"auth is now disabled"

then type:

end

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-02 14:36 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2014-08-02 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Aug 1, 2014, at 22:57, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
> Why you don't use 9pccpuf instead of 9pcf?

It pissed me off having to do that.

--
Veety

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-02 17:56   ` sl
From: sl @ 2014-08-02 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> > Why you don't use 9pccpuf instead of 9pcf?
>
> It pissed me off having to do that.

It pissed you off having to use different kernels, or it pissed you off
not having to use different kernels?

sl

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-03  0:38     ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2014-08-03  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Aug 2, 2014, at 13:56, sl@9front.org wrote:

>>> Why you don't use 9pccpuf instead of 9pcf?
>>
>> It pissed me off having to do that.
>
> It pissed you off having to use different kernels, or it pissed you off
> not having to use different kernels?
>
> sl

Having to use two different kernels. The only difference was the draw memory. And even now a days with all this memory we have available that not even really and issue anymore either.

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-03  1:37       ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-03  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> On Aug 2, 2014, at 13:56, sl@9front.org wrote:
> Having to use two different kernels. The only difference was the draw memory. And even now a days with all this memory we have available that not even really and issue anymore either.

Thanks a lot.
Yes, I've been also considering so...

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Hi
@ 2014-08-03  1:44         ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-03  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> on bootargs, pass the -c flag to cwfs: local!/dev/sdXX/fscache -c

I did this already.
I had trouble to deal with only cui after I chose to use
service=cpu.

Now, I made /rc/bin/cpurc.local to add many devices
which are not included in the /rc/bin/cpurc.
I also made /cfg/titan/cpustart  (titan is my fileserver's name,
yes, it made us much much surprised when huygens landed on)
to include many stuffs which are almost included
in /usr/glenda/lib/profile.

Now, I can use GUI on this fileserver machine.
Without GUI, it's very hard task to search anything
from unfamilier huge ground to me.

Now, I can do my task.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Kenji