* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
       [not found] <EE9D01AB4107861C7797511D56ECD0FB@eigenstate.org>
@ 2020-07-21  2:19 ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-21  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

very interesting. It prints the echo command with delkey

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 7:03 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>
>> honestly I don’t know. How also do I remove the keys. I feel like starting over on a few things like purging these keys and factotum?
>
> delkey(1) -- note, it follows the convention that some destructive
> commands take: it prints the command that would do the action, it
> doesn't do the action itself.
>
> Or you can reboot (or start a nested factotum). If the keys aren't
> in secstore, they'll only be stored within the current factotum
> instance.

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-22  5:51                             ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-22  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori; +Cc: 9front

oh I think I got it working. cp rewrite to rewrite.gateway ?

> On Jul 21, 2020, at 10:29 PM, William Gunnells <gunnells@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Okay I can get email. I picked another email acount
> But now it won’t send
>
> Mail from ‘glenda’
> to ’thinktank@gmail.com’
> failed with error ‘Invalid address’.
>
> saved in /mail/box/glenda/dead.letter
>
>> On Jul 20, 2020, at 9:24 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>>
>>> not sure I understand that script
>>
>> So, take it line by line and read the manpages
>> for the commands. The manpages are there for a
>> reason.
>>
>> Also, lookman is your friend.

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-22  5:29                           ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-22  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori; +Cc: 9front

Okay I can get email. I picked another email acount
But now it won’t send

Mail from ‘glenda’
to ’thinktank@gmail.com’
failed with error ‘Invalid address’.

saved in /mail/box/glenda/dead.letter

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 9:24 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>
>> not sure I understand that script
>
> So, take it line by line and read the manpages
> for the commands. The manpages are there for a
> reason.
>
> Also, lookman is your friend.

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-21  4:24                         ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, ori; +Cc: 9front

@ 2020-07-21  4:16                       ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-21  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori; +Cc: 9front

so I added auth/factotum to profile and upas/fs -n

not sure I understand that script

looks like a 6 line script and the only thing I changed was the /imaps/gmail.com/gunnells box etc…

it pretty much gave me /mail/fs/ctl/ access permission denied

I feel like i’m running upas/fs wrong like mine should be that long command

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-21  4:00                     ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, ori; +Cc: 9front

@ 2020-07-21  3:52                     ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, ori; +Cc: 9front

> wow the drawterm is a problem. I kind of thought it was the way to go. So in drawterm i’m
> supposed to run webfs and auth/factotum
>
> It did ask me for a password and I guess add it to factotum
>
> its currently running
>
> I tried Mail in acme and i see the following:
>
> Mail: can’t open /mail/fs/ctl: ‘/mail/fs/ctl’ does not exist
> Mail 996: can’t open %s %r

Remember, every window is in its own namespace.
Did you mount your mail in the same window that
you ran acme from?

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-21  3:33                   ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-21  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori; +Cc: 9front

@ 2020-07-21  3:16                 ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, ori; +Cc: 9front

@ 2020-07-21  3:06               ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-21  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori; +Cc: 9front

upas/fs −f /imaps/imap.gmail.com/gunnells@gmail.com
cat /mnt/factotum/ctl
key proto=pass server=smtp.gmail.com service=smtp user=gunnells@gmail.com !password?
key proto=pass server=imap.gmail.com service=imap user=gunnells@gmail.com !password?

cpu% upas/fs -f /imaps/imap.gmail.com/gunnells@gmail.com
upas/fs: imap: error is cannot find IMAP password
upas/fs: opening /imaps/imap.gmail.com/gunnells@gmail.com: cannot find IMAP password

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 7:49 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>
>> darn I just got lost again.
>>
>> so echo the files like usual to /mnt/factotum/ctl
>
> First off: Get that working. Don't worry about persisting
> the passwords.
>
>> then run ipso
>> which asks for secstore password
>> that i seem to get an error on probably because its not mounted
>> unmount: /mnt/plumb: not mounted
>>
>> I seem to be missing an order here or do I do this
>
> Secstore just holds some text files that are encrypted with a
> password. By default, factotum reads from it at startup.
>
> http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.4.7
>
> It's optional.

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-21  2:49             ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, ori; +Cc: 9front

@ 2020-07-21  2:45           ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-21  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori; +Cc: 9front

darn I just got lost again.

so echo the files like usual to /mnt/factotum/ctl

which in my case would be both smtp and imap

then run ipso
which asks for secstore password
that i seem to get an error on probably because its not mounted
unmount: /mnt/plumb: not mounted

I seem to be missing an order here or do I do this

auth/secstore -g factotum
secstore pass:
echo ‘key proto=asdfasdfasdfasdf’ >mnt/factotum/ctl
auth/secstore -p factotum

confused

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 7:34 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>
>> so i rebooted and lost my keys.
>
> Yep. I did say that'd happen -- secstore holds
> keys persistently in an encrypted store.
>
> ipso is a convenience script for editing the
> persistent keys.

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-21  2:34         ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, 9front

@ 2020-07-21  2:29       ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-21  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

so i rebooted and lost my keys.

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 7:01 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>
>> key proto=pass server=smtp.gmail.com service=smtp user=gunnells@gmail.com !password?
>
> service smtp != service imap:
>
> 	% grep eigenstate /mnt/factotum/ctl
> 	key proto=pass server=eigenstate.org service=smtp user=ori !password?
> 	key proto=pass server=eigenstate.org service=imap user=ori !password?
>
> That said, you should probably have gotten prompted for a username
> and password. Is your profile starting factotum?

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-21  2:01     ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-21  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gunnells, 9front

@ 2020-07-20 23:31   ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2020-07-20 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

nah this does not work

I have the same data in
/sys/lib/tls/smtp
/sys/lib/tls/mail

Evidently it seems to require mail. sha256 does not work either

I did notice upas/fs -f /imaps/imap.gmail.com/gunnells@gmail.com
gave the following error
upas/fs: opening /imaps/imap.gmail.com/gunnells@gmail.com: cannot find IMAP password

I believe I added it to /mnt/factotum/ctl

when I look at that file it reads
key proto=pass server=smtp.gmail.com service=smtp user=gunnells@gmail.com !password?

Any ideas?

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 1:11 AM, Joel Fridolin Meyer <sirjofri@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> You can just do:
>
> echo 'x509 sha256=thelonghash' >>/sys/lib/tls/smtp
>
> Or use my patch I sent yesterday, which ignores unrecognized hashes.
>
> I think the fqa mentions that, too.
>
> sirjofri

>> does this work or am i shooting in the dark
>>
>> cat /sys/log/smtp
>> cirno jul 19 23:38:40 cert for smtp.gmail.com not recognized:
>> sha256=the_long_hash
>>
>> The instructions said something sha1. When I write the line to
>> /mnt/factotum/ctl I used sha256

* Re: [9front] upas and gmail
@ 2020-07-20  8:11 ` Joel Fridolin Meyer
From: Joel Fridolin Meyer @ 2020-07-20  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)