* [9front] happy new year
@ 2024-01-19  8:12 umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2024-01-19  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Sorry it's late…

http://runjimmyrunrunyoufuckerrun.com/demo/glenda.c

Warning: lots of draw. For the weak-willed or underpowered:

http://runjimmyrunrunyoufuckerrun.com/demo/glenda.mp4

Have fun at the mini-hackathon!

umbraticus

* Re: [9front] mycroftiv's zrv and rfork V, patch for current 9front
@ 2021-01-06 19:11 ori
From: ori @ 2021-01-06 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth cinap_lenrek@felloff.net:
> this implementation seemes flawed to me.
>
> closesgrp() appears only to free the memory of the Srv*
> nodes, but doesnt actually free srv->chan, srv->owner
> and srv->name.
>
> also the locking seems suspicious. as the global Srv*
> list was just replaced with per process one, but we'r
> still only have a single srvlock to serialize
> concurrent access to it.
>
> so far, the srvgrp can only be reset or shared depending
> of the RFCSRVG flag. once you implement copying you'd
> need a lock per Sgrp. i'd prefer to have a lock per
> Sgrp right now and remove the global srvlock.
>
> pexit() should move the sgrp = up->sgrp; up->sgrp = nil
> in the exiting qlock(&up->debug);... block instead of
> making its own.
>
> why do we need /zrv? is there a new devzrv.c device that
> was missing in the diff?
>
> --
> cinap

On top of that, I think rfork flags aren't a very
nice semantic. What about reworking to

	bind '#s/clone' /srv

to create a new fork of a srv, without adding new
special namespace cases?

That also eliminates the need for zrv, since you
can just keep the old /srv bound somewhere else.