* rpi ribbon cable display
@ 2020-08-23 16:00 Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-08-23 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

apparently the ribbon cable display sold in the rpi store works with rmiller's plan 9 image but does not work with 9front, which is preventing some users who want to run 9front from running 9front on their rpi. does anyone have this hardware who can try to get it working?

thanks,

sl

* Re: [9front] rpi ribbon cable display
@ 2020-08-24 11:08 ` Thaddeus Woskowiak
From: Thaddeus Woskowiak @ 2020-08-24 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 12:02 PM Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com> wrote:

> apparently the ribbon cable display sold in the rpi store works with rmiller's plan 9 image but does not work with 9front, which is preventing some users who want to run 9front from running 9front on their rpi. does anyone have this hardware who can try to get it working?
>
> thanks,
>
> sl

By ribbon cable display, do you mean the 7" Raspberry pi touch
display: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/

If so, I know the display works out of the box using 9front on a Pi 3
B+ (last hardware revision before the Pi 4) though there is no touch
support. However, any of the 3B's or 2B's I have do not work with the
screen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K64sofjXEUH2W8zH6