* Imap bug after new date libs
@ 2020-08-11 21:05 sirjofri+ml-9front
From: sirjofri+ml-9front @ 2020-08-11 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello all,

since ori's new date library the imap4d breaks.

The error in /sys/log/imap4d is:

imap4d 37122: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x95 pc=0x2194a7

I'll try to fix that bug and the date bug (see other mails) when I have the time. For now I rolled back to the previous version via hg.

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] Imap bug after new date libs
@ 2020-08-11 21:40 ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-08-11 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sirjofri+ml-9front, 9front

> Hello all,
>
> since ori's new date library the imap4d breaks.
>
> The error in /sys/log/imap4d is:
>
> imap4d 37122: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x95 pc=0x2194a7
>
> I'll try to fix that bug and the date bug (see other mails) when I have the time. For now I rolled back to the previous version via hg.
>
> sirjofri

Hm -- I had avoided committing to imap4d because I haven't
tested it enough -- is this with or without the patch that
I sent you?

Can you get the stack trace? you should be able to connect
to the dead process with acid and run lstk() to get the
stack trace.

	acid 37122
	acid: lstk()
	<stack trace>

* Re: [9front] Imap bug after new date libs
@ 2020-08-11 22:26   ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-08-11 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> Hello all,
>>
>> since ori's new date library the imap4d breaks.
>>
>> The error in /sys/log/imap4d is:
>>
>> imap4d 37122: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x95 pc=0x2194a7
>>
>> I'll try to fix that bug and the date bug (see other mails) when I have the time. For now I rolled back to the previous version via hg.
>>
>> sirjofri
>
> Hm -- I had avoided committing to imap4d because I haven't
> tested it enough -- is this with or without the patch that
> I sent you?
>
> Can you get the stack trace? you should be able to connect
> to the dead process with acid and run lstk() to get the
> stack trace.
>
> 	acid 37122
> 	acid: lstk()
> 	<stack trace>

Tested a bit -- can't reproduce the crash here, but there *is*
a bug in the uncommitted imap4d changes.