* Re: 9front@9front.org FAILED
@ 2018-10-11 13:34 Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2018-10-11 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hi eekee!

your reply (and anyone else’s who included the original message in the body) was rejected because one of the MIME attachments was reported as HTML. My original went through because I have myself whitelisted. I should have realized the forwarded message was HTML when I sent it!

This blunt reject-all-HTML filter cheaply deters almost all spam.

sl

* Re: 9front@9front.org FAILED
@ 2018-02-14  0:39 sl
From: sl @ 2018-02-14  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

For uknown reasons, iOS mail client insisted on replying to this message
in HTML, which was rejected by the list.  Here is my message again:

On Feb 13, 2018, at 11:19 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:

>> While 9front (and Plan 9 from Bell Labs, for that matter) does not
>> ship with tex, the utilities listed above do perform operations on tex
>> files.  What should be the proper way to change these references?
>=20
> The reference string 'tex(1)' expliticly says there is a section one manpa=
ge of that name, and that's wrong.
>=20
> I would replace it with a reference to the TUG web site (https://tug.org)

Based on the man pages, it looks like 2ed shipped with it:

http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9_2nd_ed/1/tex

sl