From: Nathan Zimmen-Myers <nathan@nzm.ca>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Two file servers sharing an auth server
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 20:43:48 -0400	[thread overview]

William's question is important, the reality is that I'm just
separating out which systems have access to what on their primary
fileservers. This is just personal infrastructure and trying to have
multiple accounts might just be a mental holdover from unix. All that
I'm doing now with web1 is serving my personal website, and fs1 will
eventually be used as a backend fs for "compute" nodes - temporary
cloud servers for running compilations and other cpu-heavy tasks.

As per Ori's response, I think I misunderstood a piece of the
documentation and didn't tab the auth=ip on web1 or fs1, which
explains some of the confusing error messages.

I think for now I'll just cache web files on web1's hard drive, with
web1 booting off of fs1. I don't see any reason why that would be too
slow, and while I'm still learning the system I want to cut down the
amount of work I do to keep configuration changes the same across both
systems.