* [9front] Drawterm man page
@ 2018-03-15  3:36 Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2018-03-15  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I tossed together a man page for 9front's drawterm recently after
answering questions about what the various flags do. There used to be
a man page for drawterm, but it sucked and I don't think anyone ever
cared.

I feel like the addition of an improved manual page, especially with
the added features of 9front's fork, would be beneficial.

I have attached my latest draft. Please point out any portions I may
have misinterpreted or stated poorly.

Cheers,
Sean

[-- Attachment #2: drawterm.man --]
[-- Type: application/x-troff-man, Size: 3349 bytes --]

* Re: [9front] Drawterm man page
@ 2018-03-15  5:22 ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2018-03-15  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

An updated version taking recommendations from irc into account.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Sean Hinchee <henesy.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tossed together a man page for 9front's drawterm recently after
> answering questions about what the various flags do. There used to be
> a man page for drawterm, but it sucked and I don't think anyone ever
> cared.
>
> I feel like the addition of an improved manual page, especially with
> the added features of 9front's fork, would be beneficial.
>
> I have attached my latest draft. Please point out any portions I may
> have misinterpreted or stated poorly.
>
> Cheers,
> Sean

[-- Attachment #2: drawterm.man --]
[-- Type: application/x-troff-man, Size: 3565 bytes --]

* Re: [9front] Drawterm man page
@ 2018-03-15 10:27 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-03-15 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

              Sets the timeout for aan(8) to a value in milliseconds.
The default is (3600 * 24)ms.
it's in seconds

On 3/15/18, Sean Hinchee <henesy.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tossed together a man page for 9front's drawterm recently after
> answering questions about what the various flags do. There used to be
> a man page for drawterm, but it sucked and I don't think anyone ever
> cared.
>
> I feel like the addition of an improved manual page, especially with
> the added features of 9front's fork, would be beneficial.
>
> I have attached my latest draft. Please point out any portions I may
> have misinterpreted or stated poorly.
>
> Cheers,
> Sean

* Re: [9front] Drawterm man page
@ 2018-03-15 10:31   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-03-15 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i want better marketing of dp9ik (one important reason to fork
drawterm), otoh warning that the old protocol is not secure.

* Re: [9front] Drawterm man page
@ 2018-03-15 10:35     ` hiro
       [not found]       ` <CADmmOS8bBkL0N67qnZQ7Y8y8Z_5_hiOTRDM-8pHW6P7HP0C6sg@mail.gmail.com>
From: hiro @ 2018-03-15 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)