* Fortune suggestion
@ 2018-01-31 14:41 Giacomo Tesio
From: Giacomo Tesio @ 2018-01-31 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I didn't check if it's already there, but this Dijkstra quote should
really be in 9front fortunes:

> Personally I think the world could benefit from an International League for the Derision of User-Friendliness.

 From http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD08xx/EWD898.html

Giacomo

* Re: [9front] Fortune suggestion
@ 2018-01-31 14:51 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-01-31 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

we already have an international league of user-banishment

* Re: [9front] Fortune suggestion
@ 2018-01-31 14:54 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2018-01-31 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Jan 31, 2018, at 9:41 AM, Giacomo Tesio <giacomo@tesio.it> wrote:

> I didn't check if it's already there, but this Dijkstra quote should
> really be in 9front fortunes:
>
>> Personally I think the world could benefit from an International League for the Derision of User-Friendliness.
>
> From http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD08xx/EWD898.html

how do you check if it’s already there?

sl

* Re: [9front] Fortune suggestion
@ 2018-02-01 10:28   ` Giacomo Tesio
From: Giacomo Tesio @ 2018-02-01 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Last night, I tried with a grep over the files listed in fortune(1).

That Dijkstra sentence suddenly reminded me that:

> Cat-v.org hosts a series of sites dedicated to diverse subjects that share an idiosyncratic intellectual perspective, questioning orthodoxy and fomenting elitism and high standards in topics from software design to politics, passing by art and journalism and anything else interesting.

Thus the suggestion.

Giacomo

@ 2018-02-01 16:19     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-02-01 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

please keep this going.
do you have more suggestion of sentences we should remove from cat-v?