* [9front] [patch] reform/pm to work with standalone keyboard
@ 2023-08-27  4:59 Thaddeus Woskowiak
From: Thaddeus Woskowiak @ 2023-08-27  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

http://okturing.com/src/16717/body

I have the MNT Reform Standalone Keyboard and wanted to use reform/pm
to display a bitmap on the OLED and read/write keyboard brightness on
amd64. After discussion with sigrid, she set me in the right direction
and I patched pm.c. This should allow setting the Led's on a
hypothetical standalone trackball if one were built.

I can not seem to load an image. I tried using a small image I made in
paint and loading via iconv -u file.bit >/dev/kbdoled but the screen
does not change and no error is printed. I tried with several other
images but nothing appears. Perhaps I am doing it wrong?

Testing on the rpi using arm64 and any writes to /dev/hidUxxxctl
results in the entire usb stack shitting the bed losing every usb
device and I have to reboot the pi. I even tried a simple hello world
test program that works on amd64 with the same result.
http://okturing.com/src/16718/body

Anyone else with a standalone keyboard to test? I do not have a reform
to test so I would appreciate reform testing.

-taw

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-08-27  5:13 UTC | newest]