From: Giacomo Tesio <giacomo@tesio.it>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] 9front on Xen 4.4 HVM
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:46:12 +0100	[thread overview]

Thanks for your help cinap.  It's an interesting dive into the kernel internals.

Btw, I've tried various combinations of networks drivers (virtio-net
or rtl) and plan9.ini options but with no success.

Now I'm planning to write a plan9.ini menu with the following
configurations trying one after another looking for a working
solution.

As far as I have undestood, I should test
1) *npmp=
2) *nomsi=
3) *acpi=
and the 4 combinations of them, right?

Is there anything else that I can do to identify and fix the issue?

I assigned to the 9front guest only one cpu, to reduce the variables,
but actually, if to run on xen 9front must use a single cpu, then the
disadvantage of the pv guest will be lower, and I could give it a try
too.

Strangely, looks like I'm the first to try installing plan9 on xen in
the last few years...

Giacomo