* bug: ape make eats lines after line continuations
@ 2018-09-12 16:26 Nick Owens
From: Nick Owens @ 2018-09-12 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

9front's make in ape is eating newlines after line continuations
incorrectly. the attached makefile will produce the following output,
where 'fuck YOU' is the correct output.

make on linux:

$ make -s
objs one.o two.o
fuck YOU

make on ape/psh:

$ make -s
objs one.o two.o FUCK=YOU
fuck

[-- Attachment #2: Makefile --]

OBJS=one.o two.o \

FUCK=YOU

all:
	echo objs $(OBJS)
	echo fuck $(FUCK)

* Re: [9front] bug: ape make eats lines after line continuations
@ 2018-09-12 16:34 ` Jens Staal
From: Jens Staal @ 2018-09-12 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 18.26.14 CEST you wrote:
> 9front's make in ape is eating newlines after line continuations
> incorrectly. the attached makefile will produce the following output,
> where 'fuck YOU' is the correct output.
>
> make on linux:
>
> $ make -s
> objs one.o two.o
> fuck YOU
>
> make on ape/psh:
>
> $ make -s
> objs one.o two.o FUCK=YOU
> fuck

I am not sure how people would feel about it, but gmake is in fact building
quite nicely under APE. There is an old port in the 9front ports and it should
be easy to update.

The same thing with gawk and gsed if anyone would be interested to use those
for APE.

The thing about the psh issue mentioned before: mksh builds nicely on i386
(also available in ports). A problem with 64-bit is that Plan9 is LLP64, which
messes up mksh building. Perhaps someone smarter than me could solve that.

* Re: [9front] bug: ape make eats lines after line continuations
@ 2018-09-12 17:08   ` Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2018-09-12 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

No. No gmake in 9front.

We shouldn't add new non-native code without very good reason.

How does LLP64 break mksh? Is it casting pointers to long? (yuck)

@ 2018-09-13 14:47     ` Nick Owens
From: Nick Owens @ 2018-09-13 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

fixed in 4ba75ed882b7.