From: binary cat <dogedoge61@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] /proc/n/fd format clarification
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 17:24:01 -0400

>Assuming something that isn't actually written down in
>the documentation is not a good idea.

The problem is that the actual format of the qid is undocumented (as
far as I can tell).
This is what I mean about the documentation being clearer.

>This still wouldn't work since the third field, the type, is a
>single UTF-8 encoded Unicode rune which is not a fixed width.

Well, it is not impossible to pad that with a non-printable ascii character,
but now you are possibly actually breaking stuff.
Seems like it would be best to add a few lines to the documentation,
and leave it at that.

– binarycat