* vultr node and mouse acceleration
@ 2018-02-07 21:27 Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2018-02-07 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

has there been a change to the way mouse acceleration is handled? i
was occasionally starting up rio in vultr's web-based vnc session, and
i would routinely have to:

echo -n linear > '#m/mousectl'

especially when booting as a terminal. now it seems to do the same
thing even by default as a cpu server, and turning off mouse
acceleration does not help.

* Re: [9front] vultr node and mouse acceleration
@ 2018-02-09  2:51 ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2018-02-09  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Is linear not working for disabling mouse acceleration? You could
always add the echo call to lib/profile.

@ 2018-02-09  4:44   ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2018-02-09  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

linear is not working. i thought of booting the installation media to
see if it does it too, and it does, so i think this is a vultr issue

--
http://echoline.org

* Re: [9front] vultr node and mouse acceleration
@ 2018-02-09  4:49     ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2018-02-09  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Oh no, I got an apology instead of a fix:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. We are aware of these issues, yes -- we
recently applied an update to noVNC that removed support for older
versions of Windows. Certain other operating systems, including Plan 9
and its derivatives like 9front, are also affected. We apologize for
the inconvenience.

[redacted]
System Administrator

--
http://echoline.org

* Re: [9front] vultr node and mouse acceleration
@ 2018-02-09 21:33     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-02-09 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

it's vultr doing dumb stuff according to other reports on #cat-v.

* Re: [9front] vultr node and mouse acceleration
@ 2018-02-10  3:28       ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2018-02-10  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

thanks hiro, i was pretty sure after i started to bisect and it failed
at both ends