* [9front] tlssrv: auth_chuid: can't open /lib/namespace: file does not exist: '/lib/namespace'
@ 2023-09-30  8:55 unobe
From: unobe @ 2023-09-30  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Anyone come across a situation that would make tlssrv throw this error
on the client side when trying to connect via rcpu? I didn't see anything
in the e-mail archives.

This just started occurring in the last 24 hours.  I can 'touch' the
file as hostowner.  I thought it might have been a stale secstore pw,
but I've updated that for the hostowner, and still no go.

% ls -l /lib/namespace
--rw-rw-r-- M 22 sys sys 805 Sep  30 01:40 /lib/namespace

On the client side, tlsclient throws an error:

tlsclient: tlsclient: i/o on hungup channel

* Re: [9front] tlssrv: auth_chuid: can't open /lib/namespace: file does not exist: '/lib/namespace' [SOLVED]
@ 2023-09-30 21:18 ` unobe
From: unobe @ 2023-09-30 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

FYI, just as a follow-up, I figured it out.  As MJD has yelled before,
"reading the error message!"

Since rcpu(1) uses tcp17019, I considered trying to replicate that
listener with a one-shot listener, but aux/listen had already started
and even if I moved tcp17019 to !tcp17019, it was still listening on
that port.  'kill listen' returned nothing, and I was considering to
attempt a kill on the pid corresponding with the listen process run as
none, but decided first to use auth/none to see if that showed
anything.  Indeed it did:

	cirno# ls -ld /lib d-rwxrwx--- M 22 sys sys 0 Jun 1 16:49 /lib

So the none user couldn't access anything under /lib.  running
'auth/as sys chmod o+rx /lib' resolved this issue.

I have no idea *how* that occurred; I don't think I ever chmod'd that
directory, particularly within the last 48 hours.

Quoth unobe@cpan.org: