* cwfs disk replacement
@ 2017-12-05 18:13 Travis Moore
From: Travis Moore @ 2017-12-05 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

When I set up my fileserver a couple of years ago I tried a pseudo-raid configuration with a ssd cache and two 1TB mirrored worms:

filsys main c(/dev/sdE0/fscache){(/dev/sdE1/fsworm)(/dev/sdE2/fsworm)}

This paid off when one of the hard drives died (naturally this occured while I was overseas for a month…) and I pulled it, recovered main, and kept on trucking.  This is my current config:

config /dev/sdE0/fscache
service cwfs
filsys main c(/dev/sdE0/fscache)(/dev/sdE1/fsworm)
filsys dump o
filsys other /dev/sdE0/other
newcache
blocksize 16384
daddrbits 64
indirblks 4
dirblks 6
namelen 144
end

Now I've got a new 1TB drive and just want to make sure I go about installing it correctly to get back to my original set-up.  What I intend to do is:

• install new disk, fdisk & prep
• in config mode:
	filsys output /dev/sdE2/fsworm
	copyworm
• then set up filsys main as before

This should work?  Anything I am missing?

Thanks,

Travis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-12-05 18:13 UTC | newest]