* cwfs and hjfs
@ 2014-08-25  3:33 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-25  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I made cinap's 9pi SD, and found it was built
for hjfs.

Is the /dev/sdM0/fs is compatible, if I use cwfs
on the same media?

I know I'd be better to help t0 debug the experimental
hjfs.   However, I want to confine my effort to another now,
therefore I'd like to use cwfs also on 9pif, because it
is much faster than hjfs in my environment (micro SD card).

Kenji

* Re: [9front] cwfs and hjfs
@ 2014-08-25  8:32 ` dante
From: dante @ 2014-08-25  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi,

In my opinion, you should use the stable cwfs.
I don't think it is a good idea to confront new users (that need to
learn the system first) with an experimental file system.
I tried hjfs as a newbie myself and only had problems and lacked the
knowledge to debug it so I moved on to stock Plan9.
What a deterrent!

Cheers,
Dante

On 25.08.2014 05:33, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
> I made cinap's 9pi SD, and found it was built
> for hjfs.
>
> Is the /dev/sdM0/fs is compatible, if I use cwfs
> on the same media?
>
> I know I'd be better to help t0 debug the experimental
> hjfs.   However, I want to confine my effort to another now,
> therefore I'd like to use cwfs also on 9pif, because it
> is much faster than hjfs in my environment (micro SD card).
>
> Kenji

* Re: [9front] cwfs and hjfs
@ 2014-08-25 23:20   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-25 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks Dante

> In my opinion, you should use the stable cwfs.

After I reported the problem, I found the problem was
in the SD card itself.
I used cheap no-brand micro SD card, not intended
just took a cheaper one at the store, which is very
unstable.   One time it suceeds to read data from it,
one time not.  I could not find any systematics on that.
I'll replace it soon, and retry.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] cwfs and hjfs
@ 2014-08-26  6:35     ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-26  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I'll replace it soon, and retry.

I replaced this by SanDisk SDHC 4GB sd card.
it improved the speed high.   However, it is
still slow for me.
To use Japanese, I use ktrans, and the speed is
very slow.   It takes 2 to 3 seconds after I hit
transkation key.   Also, it is difficult to acquire
update by hg, where it stops on its work.

I'd like to use cwfs on this SD card pi.

Kenji