* Re: [9front] Extraneous tex(1) References
@ 2018-02-12 23:43 sl
From: sl @ 2018-02-12 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> There's a handful of manuals that reference a non-existent tex(1) manual page:
>
> * deroff(1)
> * lp(1)
> * page(1)
> * pic(1)
> * troff(1)
> * lp(8)

While 9front (and Plan 9 from Bell Labs, for that matter) does not
ship with tex, the utilities listed above do perform operations on tex
files.  What should be the proper way to change these references?

sl

* Re: [9front] Extraneous tex(1) References
@ 2018-02-13 16:19 ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2018-02-13 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> While 9front (and Plan 9 from Bell Labs, for that matter) does not
> ship with tex, the utilities listed above do perform operations on tex
> files.  What should be the proper way to change these references?

The reference string 'tex(1)' expliticly says there is a section one
manpage of that name, and that's wrong.

I would replace it with a reference to the TUG web site (https://tug.org).

* Re: [9front] Extraneous tex(1) References
@ 2018-02-13 22:03   ` jamos
From: jamos @ 2018-02-13 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Maybe kerTeX by Thierry Laronde?