* rpi kernel silliness
@ 2017-02-23 18:35 Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2017-02-23 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

why do we have pif and picpuf kernels when you can just use service= in
plan9.ini? there are also some random stupid changes in pif vs picpuf
(like gpio is gone in the cpu server)

aiju

* Re: [9front] rpi kernel silliness
@ 2017-02-24  5:16 ` 岡本 健二
From: 岡本 健二 @ 2017-02-24  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Regarding this, I sent a mail to sirnewton_01, but my mail was rejected due to our network
provider’s problem.

I’ll write here it instead (sorry sirnewton_01).

It’s danger to use new 9pif image for pi3 module.
We discussed a problem of strange behavior of keyboard input, and guessed some
problem in usb driver for the rpi3.  I’m using 9pif2 image on root from tcp mode.

I found this does not restricted only to keyboard, but extended to MicroSD Ram itself.
I corrupted two new MicroSD ram cards when I tried to wrote a large file such as
new 9pif image.  This is very dangerous, because the damaged card cannot be
repaired.

Kenji

PS. of course, it’s very dangerous to use it as cpu server. :-)