* got file/auth/cpu server, next?
@ 2014-08-03  9:55 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-03  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I've got file/auth/cpu server on my A68N-5000 machine.
I added a file tcp5356 in /rc/bin/service.auth, the content
of which is:
#!/bin/rc
/bin/auth/secstored $3

Is this wrong?

Also, I'm getting an error message like:
cpu: srvauth: auth_proxy short read
What is the cause of this error message, and
whre from?

Now, I think I should fsconfig like
realm main etc.   Is this the same way as Ken's fs?

Kenji

* Re: [9front] got file/auth/cpu server, next?
@ 2014-08-03 13:04 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2014-08-03 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

this is wrong. auth/secstored runs its own listener and forks
into the background. you dont run it from aux/listen but start
it from the /cfg/$sysname/cpurc or /cfg/$sysname/cpustart of
your auth server.

the other error message is unrelated to secstore.

the difference between kenfs and cwfs in regard to authentication is that
cwfs uses the hosts factotum for auth instead of implementing p9sk1 itself.
the host id (user), host key (password) and authdom of your cwfs fileserver
that is read from its nvram by factotum on boot when service=cpu need to be
known by the authentication server so it can generate tickets for the machine.

it is not clear to me what you tried todo, but guessing you
want to setup an auth server?

try look here:

http://code.google.com/p/plan9front/wiki/fqa7#7.4.1_-_Configuring_an_auth_server

the key is to list the machine in ndb as the authserver for the network
which will cause it to start keyfs and the /rc/bin/service.auth listeners
on boot automatically. (you can look in /rc/bin/cpurc to see how it
does it).

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] got file/auth/cpu server, next?
@ 2014-08-04  0:01   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-04  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> this is wrong. auth/secstored runs its own listener and forks
> into the background. you dont run it from aux/listen but start
> it from the /cfg/$sysname/cpurc or /cfg/$sysname/cpustart of
> your auth server.

Thanks advice.
Yes, I had error that others try to use the same /net address, and
refused.

In addition, we have to add the two lines in the /rc/bin/cpurc
ip/dhcpd
ip/tftpd
to use pxe booting?

@ 2014-08-04  0:14   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-04  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> try look here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/plan9front/wiki/fqa7#7.4.1_-_Configuring_an_auth_server
>
> the key is to list the machine in ndb as the authserver for the network
> which will cause it to start keyfs and the /rc/bin/service.auth listeners
> on boot automatically. (you can look in /rc/bin/cpurc to see how it
> does it).

I think I've read the document, and did these things as same.
Howeveer, at first, I didn't run auth/secstored, I was rejected by
something like no connection to secstore 5356...

By the way, my HD is standard like:
titan# ls /dev/sdC0
/dev/sdC0/9fat
/dev/sdC0/ctl
/dev/sdC0/data
/dev/sdC0/fscache
/dev/sdC0/fsworm
/dev/sdC0/nvram
/dev/sdC0/other
/dev/sdC0/plan9
/dev/sdC0/raw

How I can configure cwfs system?
I have experience with Ken's and later cwfs from labs.
However, it was far long ago, and some small changes annoy me much...

@ 2014-08-03 15:14 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-03 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kokamoto, 9front

By the way, my HD is standard like:
titan# ls /dev/sdC0
/dev/sdC0/9fat
/dev/sdC0/ctl
/dev/sdC0/data
/dev/sdC0/fscache
/dev/sdC0/fsworm
/dev/sdC0/nvram
/dev/sdC0/other
/dev/sdC0/plan9
/dev/sdC0/raw

How I can configure cwfs system?

I asked this because when I ran
titan: 9fs dump
there was no stuff. , which lead me something was wrong.
However, after one day, I do the same 9fs dump command,
and see nomal stuffs under /n/dump.

Sorry, making noise.

Kenji