* Re: [9front] termrc and aux/realemu
@ 2014-08-16  0:40 sl
From: sl @ 2014-08-16  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> If I don't have the last file, it bootup with no problem.
> However there is no /dev/realmode file.
> To have this file I have to have the last file.

The realemu program did run (this is why graphics mode succeeded
in running) but the /dev/realmode file is not in your namespace.
The default /rc/bin/termrc does this:

		@{
			rfork n
			if(~ $monitor vesa)
				aux/realemu
			aux/vga -l $vgasize
		}

which forks a new namespace before running realemu. Your
/cfg/saturn/termrc is running another copy of realemu without
forking the namespace, so you still see /dev/realmode everywhere
in your environment after rio is started.

sl

* Re: [9front] termrc and aux/realemu
@ 2014-08-16  5:55 sl
From: sl @ 2014-08-16  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I don't like shell script, however, I think I kew this.
> Why you don't need /dev/realmode?

Well, consider the problem /dev/realmode is solving. How many times in an
average session do you need to interrogate your VESA BIOS? As cinap explained,
there is no reason to keep it around after graphics are initialized.

> I had to set up which mode is supported by my AMD card,
> then, I did
> aux/vga -i
> then, I was said there is no /dev/realmode...

All you need to do in this case is start realemu again before running aux/vga.
This is all explained in the realemu(8) man page.

sl

* termrc and aux/realemu
@ 2014-08-14  1:40 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-14  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Please rewrite the /rc/bin/termrc to load aux/realemu,
enen if we have
monitor=vesa
vgasize=...x...x..
lines in the plan9.ini file.