* [Caml-list] Ocaml 3.08 Bus Errors
@ 2004-08-02  9:31 David McClain
From: David McClain @ 2004-08-02  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml

Well.. the situation on the Mac OS X version is even uglier than on the
Windows port. I haven't yet found the culprit, but I know at this time that
it is occuring in some startup initialization code in some of the support
libraries. The program never even reaches the main entry point of my code.

I might be callback_register, or at_exit. So far, every attempt to isolate a
call into my C code for initialization isn't even being reached yet. So the
startup routine is getting hosed very early onward. Unfortunately, just
about every module in the support library has at least one incident of
runtime binding to some local-global value, or else some "let _ =" startup
procedures.

Since OCaml 3.08 works so wonderfully well, it really must be somewhere in
my own code. The question is where? And why it blows on Mac OS X but not on
Windows/XP???

David McClain
Senior Corporate Scientist
Avisere, Inc.

+1.520.390.7738 (USA)
david.mcclain@avisere.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-02  9:31 UTC | newest]