* [Caml-list] ocaml #load
@ 2003-08-28 15:08 Sean McLaughlin
From: Sean McLaughlin @ 2003-08-28 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

  I'm building a large program in ocaml that I'll want to run using the
interpreter.  It is a nuisance having to load all the files in the
correct order.  There is the ocamldep tool for compiling,but I can't
find a similar tool or function for loading into the top level.   Is
there such a tool that, say, when I type ' #load 'd.cmo', and d depends
on c, c on b, b on a, somehow loads a then b then c then d?  I can
imagine a simple tool that runs ocamldep and repeatedly greps the
makefile and adds lines like "#load d.cmo" to a text file until a fixed
point is reached.

Thanks,

Sean

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml #load
@ 2003-08-28 15:25 ` Jean-Christophe Filliatre
From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre @ 2003-08-28 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean McLaughlin; +Cc: caml-list

Sean McLaughlin writes:

 >   I'm building a large program in ocaml that I'll want to run using the
 > interpreter.  It is a nuisance having to load all the files in the
 > correct order.  There is the ocamldep tool for compiling,but I can't
 > find a similar tool or function for loading into the top level.   Is
 > there such a tool that, say, when I type ' #load 'd.cmo', and d depends
 > on c, c on b, b on a, somehow loads a then b then c then d?  I can
 > imagine a simple tool that runs ocamldep and repeatedly greps the
 > makefile and adds lines like "#load d.cmo" to a text file until a fixed
 > point is reached.

This has already been discussed on this list; see the archive.

ocamldsort is what you need; get it at http://dimitri.mutu.net/ocaml.html

Another solution is  to have your Makefile building  a custom toplevel
with your code (you still need  to write modules in the right order in
your Makefile but you'll probably end up doing it anyway).

Hope this helps,
--
Jean-Christophe Filliâtre

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml #load
@ 2003-08-28 15:32 ` Nicolas Cannasse
From: Nicolas Cannasse @ 2003-08-28 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean McLaughlin, caml-list

Message  I'm building a large program in ocaml that I'll want to run using the interpreter.  It is a nuisance having to load all the files in the correct order.  There is the ocamldep tool for compiling,but I can't find a similar tool or function for loading into the top level.   Is there such a tool that, say, when I type ' #load 'd.cmo', and d depends on c, c on b, b on a, somehow loads a then b then c then d?  I can imagine a simple tool that runs ocamldep and repeatedly greps the makefile and adds lines like "#load d.cmo" to a text file until a fixed point is reached.
One other solution is to build a CMA containing the list of the CMO you want to load in the right order (using ocamlc -a flag).

Nicolas Cannasse

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml #load
@ 2003-08-30 15:29   ` Dimitri Ara
From: Dimitri Ara @ 2003-08-30 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Jean-Christophe Filliatre <Jean-Christophe.Filliatre@lri.fr> a écrit :

> ocamldsort is what you need; get it at http://dimitri.mutu.net/ocaml.html

The latest version of ocamldsort (0.14) which was available on
my site when Jean-Christophe wrote this mail was buggy (actually the
makefile was buggy). If you've tried ocamldsort these days, please download
the new version (0.14.1) :

ftp://quatramaran.ens.fr/pub/ara/ocamldsort/ocamldsort-0.14.1.tar.gz

--
Dimitri

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml #load
@ 2003-09-03 10:40   ` Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2003-09-03 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Doesn't haskell ghc interpreter do this automatically? This looks like
somethign that could be handled by the interpreter itself, chasing modules.

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org