* [Caml-list] Asynchronous communication channels
@ 2003-06-08 22:15 Nick Name
From: Nick Name @ 2003-06-08 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I need some asynchronous channels in my current project. Some of those
have to block when the maximum capacity is exceded, others are
one-position buffers wich should have overwrite semantics. Are there
already done libraries or should I roll my own?

If I have to implement the buffer myself, what's the best way, a buffer
thread wich uses the Event module or rewriting everything from scratch
with condition variables to spare a thread?

Thanks for attention

Vincenzo

* Re: [Caml-list] Asynchronous communication channels
@ 2003-06-08 23:40 ` SooHyoung Oh
From: SooHyoung Oh @ 2003-06-08 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Name, caml-list

Please check CML (Concurrent ML) in http://cml.cs.uchicago.edu/ .
Event module in ocaml  has the similiar functionality with CML.

And you can find some examples in my web
http://www.duonix.com/~shoh/ocaml/concurrent.html .

Good luck to you.

---
SooHyoung Oh