* [Caml-list] Dynlink under Windows
@ 2003-02-19 14:31 Dmitri Boulytchev
From: Dmitri Boulytchev @ 2003-02-19 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

        Hello,

        am I right supposing no Dynlink library port for Windows
        exists? Are there some porting obstacles?

        Best regards,
        Dmitri Boulytchev,
        St.Petersburg State University

* Re: [Caml-list] Dynlink under Windows
@ 2003-02-20  2:35 ` Nicolas Cannasse
From: Nicolas Cannasse @ 2003-02-20  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Boulytchev, caml-list

>         am I right supposing no Dynlink library port for Windows
>         exists? Are there some porting obstacles?

You're not :)
The Dynlink module from the OCaml standard distribution works fine on
Windows.
But it only works when using bytecode ( same under *nix )

Nicolas Cannasse

* Re[2]: [Caml-list] Dynlink under Windows
@ 2003-02-20 12:10   ` Dmitri Boulytchev
From: Dmitri Boulytchev @ 2003-02-20 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

NC> You're not :)
NC> The Dynlink module from the OCaml standard distribution works fine on
NC> Windows.

    So what does message "Error on dynamically loaded library: dynamic
    it concern Dynlink?

    Best regards,
    Dmitri

* Re: Re[2]: [Caml-list] Dynlink under Windows
@ 2003-02-21  0:20     ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2003-02-21  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: db; +Cc: caml-list

From: Dmitri Boulytchev <db@tepkom.ru>
> NC> You're not :)
> NC> The Dynlink module from the OCaml standard distribution works fine on
> NC> Windows.
>
>     So what does message "Error on dynamically loaded library: dynamic
>     it concern Dynlink?

This is about dynamic loading of dlls (C code).
Dynlink is about dynamic linking of ocaml code.

Both are supported on windows under MSVC and mingw, but
apparently dynamic loading is not supported under cygwin.

Jacques Garrigue

* Re: Re[2]: [Caml-list] Dynlink under Windows
@ 2003-02-21  7:34       ` Dmitri
From: Dmitri @ 2003-02-21  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> >     So what does message "Error on dynamically loaded library: dynamic
> >     it concern Dynlink?
>
> This is about dynamic loading of dlls (C code).
> Dynlink is about dynamic linking of ocaml code.
>
> Both are supported on windows under MSVC and mingw, but
> apparently dynamic loading is not supported under cygwin.

        I beleive that both mechanisms work fine separatedly :) Let me to
clarify: I use Dynlink to load the module that uses DLLs (nums, str etc.) and
I have the error using native Win-MSVC port. May be some additional
configuring is needed?

	Best Regards,
	Dmitri