* [Caml-list] CAMLprim & CAMLexport
@ 2003-04-30 11:02 Mikhail Fedotov
From: Mikhail Fedotov @ 2003-04-30 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Caml-list'

Hi all,

After browsing through ocaml code I figured out the following:

1. CAMLprim is for the functions to be exported and accessed from
ocaml code (functions that return "value")
2. CAMLexport is for the functions called from C code.
3. CAMLextern is for the function declarations in headers when C code

is hairy and consists of several modules.

4. CAMLprim usage is presented as a Good Thing for all the external code
in the reference manual but it is not even mentioned in the Oreilly
book.

5. CAMLprim & CAMLexport usage are expecially important when messing
with windows dll's, but I've never worked with dll's and can't
understand how
to use it.

Can this information be added in the reference manual (if it is
correct)?

Mikhail