From: Jeffrey Scofield <jeffsco@psellos.com>
To: Christophe Papazian <christophe.papazian@gmail.com>
Cc: Jeffrey Scofield <jeffsco@psellos.com>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OpenGL ES for iPhone Simulator; working example app
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:54:38 -0800	[thread overview]

Greetings,

> I tried your solution for ocaml on Xcode 4.2 with iOS 5.0
> But I can't find a way to get a good binary. I got some weird alignment warnings
> on compilation and the application just doesn't work on the iPhone.
>
> Do you have plan to update your work for the last versions of Xcode and iOS ?
>
> Thank you, it would be so good to have a nice way to program iOS applications in OCaml !

Yes, I will make it work with the latest Xcode and iOS.  Right now we're
in the last few weeks of releasing a new app, and I haven't wanted to disturb
our development process.

The native code generator of OCaml is based on the native assembler, so
generally you just have to make the assembler and the linker happy by
adapting the command lines from an ObjC project.

If you try any experiments, let me know what you find out.  Otherwise
I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Thanks for your interest and best regards,

Jeffrey