* [Caml-list] OCaml wrappers available for OpenGL ES
@ 2011-01-20  1:31 Jeffrey Scofield
From: Jeffrey Scofield @ 2011-01-20  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Jeffrey Scofield

I needed an OCaml interface to OpenGL ES for a project.  After looking
around, I decided to create my own interface, as a set of patches to
LablGL.

I've made the patches publicly available, along with instructions on how
to build the interface.  You can find them here:

    http://psellos.com/ocaml/lablgles-build.html

What the patches do, roughly, is remove stuff that isn't supported by
OpenGL ES, adjust names that are different from standard OpenGL, and add
support for two OpenGL ES extensions: framebuffer objects[1] and PVRTC
compressed textures[2].

The patches are known to work on iPhone (part of a shipping product).

Regards,

Jeffrey Scofield

[1]: http://khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/OES/OES_framebuffer_object.txt
[2]: http://khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/IMG/IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc.txt

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-01-20  1:31 UTC | newest]