* [Caml-list] Port/Streams-Channels?
@ 2002-02-13 13:30 Frank Rehberger
From: Frank Rehberger @ 2002-02-13 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am  a newby at CAML, looking for language features for
inter-thread/process communication as I know them from Mozart-OZ.
In Mozart-OZ one can define a Port/Stream with expression
{NewPort ?Stream ?Prt}

Reading a stream means iterating a list like

for M in Stream do {Foo M} end

Sending along the stream is done by {Send Prt Mesg} that appends a
message with constant costs at the end of the stream/list.

* How do you realize Streams between threads for data-exchange in CAML?

* Can I use those Streams for inter-process communication on the same
machine or network-wide?

Regards, Frank

 Frank.Rehberger at acm.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-02-13 21:53 UTC | newest]