* [Caml-list] GODI for ocaml release 3.07
@ 2003-09-30 13:42 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2003-09-30 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

only one day after the 3.07 release there is an updated GODI
distribution. GODI is a source-based ocaml distribution, available from

http://www.ocaml-programming.de/godi/

GODI installs a fresh O'Caml 3.07 system along with a number of
packages, and allows easy maintainance of the installation.

GODI has been tested on Linux (several flavours), FreeBSD 4.8, Solaris
8. It probably runs on more operating systems, but not on Windows (the
Cygwin port has made some progress but is not yet done). There is still
a problem for FreeBSD concerning threads, so it might be a good idea to
wait until I have found the problem (any help appreciated).

-- How to install GODI: --

Download the bootstrap tarball from
http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/godi-bootstrap-20030929.tar.gz
and follow the instruction in the README file.

If you have already a GODI installation for 3.07beta2, you can upgrade
it to 3.07 provided it is not too old. If your bootstrap tarball was
from September, it will definitely work. To do the upgrade, edit
godi.conf, and set GODI_SECTION=3.07. Start godi_console, download the
new build archives (menu 1), and select all packages for build (menu 2,
key 'u' = upgrade). Start the build, and after a while your whole system
is upgraded. (Cool, isn't it.)

-- Packages available for GODI: --

cryptgps, equeue, findlib, lablgl, lablgtk, netclient, ocamlnet, pcre,
pxp, rpc, shell, wlex, xstr, xstrp4

-- Plan: --

Currently, I am working on an improved version of godi_console that will
be able to handle more than just a dozend packages. There is very little
time for me to create new packages, so I would appreciate any help
getting more libraries packaged.

Gerd

* Update: [Caml-list] GODI for ocaml release 3.07
@ 2003-09-30 21:49 ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2003-09-30 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Am Die, 2003-09-30 um 15.42 schrieb Gerd Stolpmann:
> GODI has been tested on Linux (several flavours), FreeBSD 4.8, Solaris
> 8. It probably runs on more operating systems, but not on Windows (the
> Cygwin port has made some progress but is not yet done). There is still
> a problem for FreeBSD concerning threads, so it might be a good idea to
> wait until I have found the problem (any help appreciated).

These problems have been solved, it runs now flawlessly on FreeBSD. The
change ensures that ocamlrun links against libc, and not libc_r.

To get the changes: Simply bootstrap from the same tarball I posted the
afternoon. It updates itself automatically.

> -- How to install GODI: --
>
> Download the bootstrap tarball from
> http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/godi-bootstrap-20030929.tar.gz
> and follow the instruction in the README file.

Gerd

* Re: Update: [Caml-list] GODI for ocaml release 3.07
@ 2003-10-04  0:35   ` Byron Hale
From: Byron Hale @ 2003-10-04  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

GODI failed on a Red Hat 7.3 ix86 box at the bootstrap level
with the following message:

"===> Creating sample godi.conf/bin/cp: cannot create regular file
`../godi/share/mk/sys.mk':
No such file or directory"

Thanks,
Byron Hale

@ 2003-10-04  1:12     ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2003-10-04  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byron Hale; +Cc: caml-list

Am Sam, 2003-10-04 um 02.35 schrieb Byron Hale:
> GODI failed on a Red Hat 7.3 ix86 box at the bootstrap level
> with the following message:
>
> "===> Creating sample godi.conf/bin/cp: cannot create regular file
> `../godi/share/mk/sys.mk':
> No such file or directory"

Just an idea: The --prefix must be an absolute path, not a relative
path like ../godi

Gerd