* [Caml-list] [ANN] Ocamlnet-3.3.1
@ 2011-06-10 19:14 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2011-06-10 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: ocamlnet-devel

Hi,

I'm quite proud to announce the availability of a new Ocamlnet version:
Ocamlnet-3.3.1 adds a number of exciting new features, focusing on
multicore and security.

In particular:

- Netmulticore is a working implementation of the multi-process
  approach to get multicore capabilities with explicit shared
  memory
- GSS-API is an industry standard security framework. It is
  accompanied with an implementation of SCRAM, and an authentication
  module for SunRPC. This allows secure SunRPC, and covers
  strong authentication, integrity, and confidentiality.
- The HTTP client has learned TLS (SSL), i.e. "https" URLs work
  now. There are a number of smaller improvements in this client:
  One can now request compressed downloads. SOCKS proxies are
  supported (in addition to web proxies).
- The FTP client could be finished, finally. The FTP client
  is accompanied by Ftp_fs, an incarnation of the protocol-
  independent filesystem API stream_fs.
- Uq_resolver provides infrastructure for plugging in name
  resolvers. This module is now used everywhere in Ocamlnet.
  (This work is not yet complete.)
- Uq_lwt allows it to run Lwt programs with the Ocamlnet event
  queue (experimental; thanks to the Lwt team for opening their
  API)
- Ocamlnet can be built without PCRE (configure option -disable-pcre).
  In this case, Str is used instead. There might be interferences
  between threads in multi-threaded programs, though.
- Adding access to the secure random number generator provided by the
  OS
- Ocamlnet describes itself now as "an enhanced system platform library
  for Ocaml", and no longer as a random collection of protocol
  interpreters. Key applications are now the web, client/server
  programs, and compute jobs. Plus all the little things you need
  in a network-aware system environment.

Special thanks goes to Mylife who sponsored the HTTPS extension.

The project page with all relevant links (manual, download, etc):

http://projects.camlcity.org/projects/ocamlnet.html

GODI for Ocaml-3.12 is already updated. If you also need PXP, the XML
parser, be sure you update to version 1.2.2 (for a trivial fix).

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann, Bad Nauheimer Str.3, 64289 Darmstadt,Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de
Phone: +49-6151-153855                  Fax: +49-6151-997714

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Ocamlnet-3.3.1
@ 2011-06-13 14:13 ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2011-06-13 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: ocamlnet-devel

Update:

So, with the help of users, three bugs were quickly discovered, and are
now fixed in ocamlnet-3.3.3 (same URL).

Gerd