* [Caml-list] looking for lost lablgtk+ tutorial by SooHyoung Oh
@ 2015-12-03 20:46 Hendrik Boom
From: Hendrik Boom @ 2015-12-03 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

There seem to be pointers all over the ocaml universe to
http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/ and to
http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
neither of which seem to exist.  These are allegedly tutorials written
by SooHyoung Oh.  Does anyone know where they can be found?  Might
anyone have a copy soewhere?

-- hendrik

* Re: [Caml-list] looking for lost lablgtk+ tutorial by SooHyoung Oh
@ 2015-12-03 20:50 ` Török Edwin
From: Török Edwin @ 2015-12-03 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 12/03/2015 10:46 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> There seem to be pointers all over the ocaml universe to
> http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/ and to
> http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
> neither of which seem to exist.  These are allegedly tutorials written
> by SooHyoung Oh.  Does anyone know where they can be found?  Might
> anyone have a copy soewhere?

The internet archive does:

http://web.archive.org/http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
http://web.archive.org/http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/

--
Edwin Török | Co-founder and Lead Developer

Skylable open-source object storage: reliable, fast, secure
http://www.skylable.com

* Re: [Caml-list] looking for lost lablgtk+ tutorial by SooHyoung Oh
@ 2015-12-03 21:28   ` Hendrik Boom
From: Hendrik Boom @ 2015-12-03 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 10:50:07PM +0200, Török Edwin wrote:
> On 12/03/2015 10:46 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > There seem to be pointers all over the ocaml universe to
> > http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/ and to
> > http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
> > neither of which seem to exist.  These are allegedly tutorials written
> > by SooHyoung Oh.  Does anyone know where they can be found?  Might
> > anyone have a copy soewhere?
>
> The internet archive does:
>
> http://web.archive.org/http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
> http://web.archive.org/http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/

Success!

Yes, those are both there.  And the lablgtk2 tutorial even has a pointer to the
tutorial's source code, which exists as a tar archive, and is this an easy
download.

The treeview tutorial is in html,  It seems not to have source code, and consists
of many web pages.  After a compete download, I suppose it would be possible to
reverse-engineer to create source code  if needed.

@ 2015-12-03 22:40     ` Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2015-12-03 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Boom; +Cc: caml-list

Also, the examples/ directory would make a great source of tutorials. I'm
mostly learning my way around lablgtk by going through the source code
there; it's very helpful.

martin

@ 2015-12-04  2:28   ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2015-12-04  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Török Edwin; +Cc: OCaML List Mailing

On 2015/12/04 05:50, Török Edwin wrote:

> On 12/03/2015 10:46 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> There seem to be pointers all over the ocaml universe to
>> http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/ and to
>> http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
>> neither of which seem to exist.  These are allegedly tutorials written
>> by SooHyoung Oh.  Does anyone know where they can be found?  Might
>> anyone have a copy soewhere?
>
> The internet archive does:
>
> http://web.archive.org/http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/treeview-tutorial/
> http://web.archive.org/http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtk2-tutorial/

Thank you, I’ve updated the links on the web site (both tutorial, and inside API doc).

Jacques Garrigue