* [Caml-list] ocaml defaut hash ?
@ 2016-04-23  9:16 Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2016-04-23  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am hashing value of type (bool * int array), where the size of the
array is 8.

According to the documentation, I think all words should be considered
by the default hash function.  Nevertheless, I get the following
histogram for bucket size, showing a lot of collision:

7 -> 34
9 -> 16
10 -> 51
11 -> 7
12 -> 11
13 -> 1
14 -> 2

By the way what I really need is a hash function for arrays that I can
update when I update one entry in the array.  Does anyone known of
such a hash function ?

Cheers,
Christophe