* [Caml-list] Native cross compiling and conditional compilation.
@ 2003-02-21 21:31 Tom Hawkins
From: Tom Hawkins @ 2003-02-21 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

My application makes use of the Unix module and currently runs on Linux x86.
Is there an easy way to native cross compile to other processors and
architectures like Cygwin, FreeBSD, and Mac X?

Also, I'm trying to port to Cygwin, but I have a very small piece of code that
needs to change for the port to work.  What is the best way to handle this in
Ocaml?  I never liked #defines.

Thanks,
Tom

* [Caml-list] Native cross compiling and conditional compilation.
@ 2003-02-21 21:38 ` Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 2003-02-21 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

    [previous question skipped...]

    Tom> Also, I'm trying to port to Cygwin, but I have a very small
    Tom> piece of code that needs to change for the port to work.
    Tom> What is the best way to handle this in Ocaml?  I never liked
    Tom> #defines.

    Camlp4 does provide a conditional compilation facility, and more
    generally some preprocessing ability. I find it very useful (and
    hope that Camlp4 will continue to evolve, perhaps even by being
    more tightly integrated into the compiler. Actually, I would like
    it to become the standard OCaml parser).

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org