* [Caml-list] OCamlbuild, OCamldep, and -no-alias-deps
@ 2014-12-22 11:38 Dario Teixeira
From: Dario Teixeira @ 2014-12-22 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to use OASIS to produce the build system for a project
that uses the module aliases feature introduced in OCaml 4.02.
As a first step, I'm trying a dummy project with just the four
following files:

src/foo_a.ml:
####
let a = 1
####

src/foo_b.ml:
####
let b = 2
####

src/foo_c.ml:
####
let c = A.a + B.b
####

src/foo.ml:
####
module A = Foo_a
module B = Foo_b
module C = Foo_c

####

The _oasis file is as follows (minus some boilerplate):

####
OASISFormat:            0.4
Name:                   foo
Plugins:                META (0.4), DevFiles (0.4)
BuildTools:             ocamlbuild, make

Library "foo"
  Modules:              Foo_a, Foo_b, Foo_c, Foo

####

After running "oasis setup", I've added the following two lines
to the generated _tags file:

<src/*>: no_alias_deps
<src/*> and not <src/foo.*>: open(Foo)

Unfortunately, this does not work.  Running "make" produces a circular
build error (the sort one would expect without -no-alias-deps), and
looking at the _log file, it seems the -no-alias-deps option is not
being passed down to OCamldep.

Am I missing something, or is there really a bug somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-12-22 11:38 UTC | newest]