* [Caml-list] OpenGL?
@ 2001-07-31 17:59 Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2001-07-31 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

is there a way to use OpenGL with OCaml?

Ciao,
   Oliver

--
    Anyway, pioneers are *always* depressed and always dissatisfied
with the current state of technology - it goes with the job. The

* Re: [Caml-list] OpenGL?
@ 2001-07-31 18:52 ` Brian Rogoff
From: Brian Rogoff @ 2001-07-31 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Bandel; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way to use OpenGL with OCaml?

LablGL: http://wwwfun.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/soft/olabl/lablgl.html

I found that it was really easy to get LablGL to work with MesaGL (the
free OpenGL clone) under Linux. I've had much less success on Solaris;
while I could hack the MesaGL makefiles to get it to compile and run the
examples on my Sun box, I failed to get LablGL going there yet.

-- Brian

* Re: [Caml-list] OpenGL?
@ 2001-08-01  8:00 ` Sven
From: Sven @ 2001-08-01  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Bandel; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 07:59:39PM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way to use OpenGL with OCaml?

Yes, use lablGL, either with labltk wich is in ocaml, or with lablgtk.

lablGL can be obtained from :

  http://wwwfun.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/soft/olabl/dist/lablgl-0.94.tar.gz

or if you use a debian system :

apt-get install lablgl.

lablgtk is available form the same place, i think.

BTW, Jacques, is it time for a new 1.3.0 or something release of lablgtk ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther