* [Caml-list] Re: No /usr/bin/ocamltags in current ocaml package
       [not found]   ` <yhxlmeynwdh.fsf@lully.bgx.airsys.thomson-csf.com>
@ 2002-01-16 16:21     ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2002-01-16 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCAML

Sven> maybe it is just part of the source, but don't get installed ?

Jérôme> I guess so.

Sven> Mmm, the only tag related stuff in ocaml source is
Sven> emacs/ocamltags.in. Is this what you are looking for ?

Jérôme> I do suspect that it is what I'm looking for, but I can't
Jérôme> swear though.

Yes, it is.  It was the only way to construct TAGS files for ocaml
before there was otags (which you want to check out, it is in the
ocamltools package).

Sven> If yes, there is a bug in the current ocaml package (you need to
Sven> renable the dh_emacsinstall in debian/rules).

Jérôme> Why has it been disabled?

Sven> I will upload a package with this fixed soon, ...

If I remember right, ocamltags was never installed even if you did
"make install" in the emacs subdirectory.  You have to call a special
target, like "make installtags" or something.  Sven, please look at
the Makefile in the emacs subdirectory.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087

* [Caml-list] Re: No /usr/bin/ocamltags in current ocaml package
@ 2002-01-16 17:09       ` Cuihtlauac ALVARADO
From: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO @ 2002-01-16 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm not so sure to get it all right, but it reminds me that we forgot
to announce the new Otags release (for Ocaml 3.04). Jean-Francois has
just finished to upload it at :

    http://moninjf.multimania.com/Ocaml/otags-3.04.tar.gz

Nothing very new in this release, except the version number which
matches Ocaml's. We've tested it on Coq V7.2, it worked.

Like the last version it is now stand alone, you don't need anything
but Ocaml to compile.

Hope it can help; comments, bugs and misc. are wellcome.

--
Cuihtlauac ALVARADO - France Telecom R&D - DTL/MSV
2, avenue Pierre Marzin - 22307 Lannion - France

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: No /usr/bin/ocamltags in current ocaml package
@ 2002-01-16 17:40       ` Sven
From: Sven @ 2002-01-16 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Zimmerman; +Cc: OCAML

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:21:27AM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> If I remember right, ocamltags was never installed even if you did
> "make install" in the emacs subdirectory.  You have to call a special
> target, like "make installtags" or something.  Sven, please look at
> the Makefile in the emacs subdirectory.

Yes, you need to do make install-ocamltags in the emacs directory.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: No /usr/bin/ocamltags in current ocaml package
@ 2002-01-17 10:28         ` Cuihtlauac ALVARADO
From: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO @ 2002-01-17 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven; +Cc: Ian Zimmerman, OCAML

@ 2002-01-17 10:36           ` Sven
From: Sven @ 2002-01-17 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO; +Cc: Ian Zimmerman, OCAML

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:28:48AM +0100, Cuihtlauac ALVARADO wrote:
> I'm not so sure to get it all right, but it reminds me that we forgot
> to announce the new Otags release (for Ocaml 3.04). Jean-Francois has
> just finished to upload it at :
>
>     http://moninjf.multimania.com/Ocaml/otags-3.04.tar.gz
>
> Nothing very new in this release, except the version number which
> matches Ocaml's. We've tested it on Coq V7.2, it worked.
>
> Like the last version it is now stand alone, you don't need anything
> but Ocaml to compile.
>
> Hope it can help; comments, bugs and misc. are wellcome.

Note that it is already part of a debian package, it comes with ocaml-tools
which include also other nice stuff that are not part of the official ocaml
release.

Friendly,

Sven Luther