* Re: [Caml-list] Beginners' Mailing List
@ 2002-02-06 14:15 ` Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2002-02-06 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:21:13PM -0500, stalkern2 wrote:
> A few postings ago, Wolfram Kahl <kahl@cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> "How about a new OCaml-syntax-list?"
>
> I don't know whether this would be interesting for you.
> But I 'm here since a few days, I am not interested in revisions yet,  and
> I'm quite astonished when you say "Yes it's CLEARLY written look here and
> here and here".
>
> Well, do you expect people to start with Ocaml which such a documentation?
> Either my Google is broken or you're cheating or you took advantage of some
> school time or you're not newcomers in any way.
>
> So, I ask to beginners here
> 	would you subscribe to a Ocaml Beginners' mailing list?
> and to the seniors
> 	can we the beginners set up a list on our own?
> 	can we use the name "Ocaml"?
> 	could we advertise for our list in this mailing list?

I also do not understand many of the discussions on the list, but I
found the people on this list very friendly and helpful when I had
asked questions - sometimes very stupid questions.

If a newbie list can render the same kind of service as the
perl-beginners list It will be a very good thing, but then it will ask
a lot of the more experienced members of this list to answer all the
newbie questions on a separate list.

I would certainly subscribe to such a list.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded
      us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is
      high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward
      them that fear him. As far as the east is from the
      west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from
      us."                  Psalms 103:10-12
@ 2002-02-06 18:13 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2002-02-06 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stalkern2; +Cc: caml-list

> So, I ask to beginners here
> 	would you subscribe to a Ocaml Beginners' mailing list?
> and to the seniors

I'm afraid I get to answer the "seniors" part...

> 	can we the beginners set up a list on our own?

Yes, of course.  I'd suggest a list on Yahoo or something similar that
takes care of archiving, indexing, etc.

> 	can we use the name "Ocaml"?

You're welcome.

> 	could we advertise for our list in this mailing list?

Sure (but don't spam :-)  We'd be happy to reference this list from the
caml.inria.fr / www.caml.org Web site.

- Xavier Leroy
From: stalkern2 @ 2002-02-06 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

A few postings ago, Wolfram Kahl <kahl@cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
"How about a new OCaml-syntax-list?"

I don't know whether this would be interesting for you.
But I 'm here since a few days, I am not interested in revisions yet,  and
I'm quite astonished when you say "Yes it's CLEARLY written look here and
here and here".

Well, do you expect people to start with Ocaml which such a documentation?
Either my Google is broken or you're cheating or you took advantage of some
school time or you're not newcomers in any way.

So, I ask to beginners here
	would you subscribe to a Ocaml Beginners' mailing list?
and to the seniors
	can we the beginners set up a list on our own?
	can we use the name "Ocaml"?
	could we advertise for our list in this mailing list?

Anything else?

Cheers
Ernesto T. Succu
stalkern2@tin.it