* [Caml-list] ocamlc seems to diverge
@ 2002-02-06 18:18 Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
From: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen @ 2002-02-06 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

 Hi,

 [This mail is just for developers; skip ahead if uninterested]

 I have just found an(other) example of a file (heavily based on
 recursive classes) where ocamlc seems to diverge. Or at least
 it requires hundreds of megabytes of RAM. Just putting an Obj.magic
 in the right position does the trick. I think this is related to
 a recent bug posted on this list some days ago.

 Problem: to reproduce the bug you have to install (mainly from CVS)
 gtkmathview 0.3.0 (unreleased yet), gdome2, gmetadom (unreleased yet)
 and lablgtkmathview (unreleased yet). After that you can easily
 reproduce the bug.

 What should I do? I open a bug with the list of the software to install?

					Regards,
					C.S.C.

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlc seems to diverge
@ 2002-02-07  3:21 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2002-02-07  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sacerdot; +Cc: caml-list

From: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen <sacerdot@cs.unibo.it>

>  [This mail is just for developers; skip ahead if uninterested]
>
>  Problem: to reproduce the bug you have to install (mainly from CVS)
>  gtkmathview 0.3.0 (unreleased yet), gdome2, gmetadom (unreleased yet)
>  and lablgtkmathview (unreleased yet). After that you can easily
>  reproduce the bug.
>
>  What should I do? I open a bug with the list of the software to install?

Well, yes.
File a bug with a list of what is needed and where to get it, and
maybe somebody will be courageous enough to try to solve it.
Generally we are very serious about type checker bugs.

Cheers,

Jacques Garrigue