* [Caml-list] Announcement: WDialog now available under GPL
@ 2002-02-16 21:51 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2002-02-16 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello list,

WDialog is a framework to develop web application in O'Caml. We have
used it in two commercial projects, and finally decided to make it
available to everybody under the conditions of the GPL.

WDialog separates the visualization of web applications from the
program logic; the first is described in an XML file, and the latter
is an ordinary O'Caml program using the WDialog library. WDialog
includes a way to pass the micro state of the current dialog from
one server activation to the next. Last but not least, WDialog also
has a template system to build complex HTML pages from components.

There are also Perl bindings for people who don't like modern
languages.

WDialog is now a Sourceforge project. The homepage with all
relevant links is:

http://wdialog.sourceforge.net

The latest version can be found in the CVS repository. I have recently
made a test release tarball (should be close to the next regular release, so
check it out).

You need a lot of libraries as prerequisites to build WDialog, so it
is better you reserve several hours for the build process.

There are two mailing lists: wdialog-users for programmers who want
to use it, and wdialog-devel for people who want to help us improving
the library.

There is an online manual at wdialog.sourceforge.net, including an
introduction, and a simple example.

We hope you find WDialog as useful as we do,

Gerd Stolpmann
The team at Joachim Schrod NPC GmbH

* [Caml-list] Announcement: WDialog now available under GPL
@ 2002-02-18  8:43 ` Gerd Stolpmann