* [Caml-list] XML parser
@ 2002-02-20 20:08 Warp
From: Warp @ 2002-02-20 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

Hi
I need an XML parser for OCaml.
I tried both "Tony" and "PXP" but the first failed to compile and the second
one is quite heavy and needs FindLib which is not ported under Windows.

Any lightweight parser will be enough if it can compile under Windows. If
you got such one but you don't know about Windows, I can do the tests and
then provide you a valid Win32 Makefile if it works.

Thanks
Nicolas Cannasse

* Re: [Caml-list] XML parser
@ 2002-02-21  8:56 ` Georges Mariano
From: Georges Mariano @ 2002-02-21  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warp; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:08:41 +0100
"Warp" <warplayer@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi
> I need an XML parser for OCaml.
> I tried both "Tony" and "PXP" but the first failed to compile

??
make all.opt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 mariano  estas       85001 fév 21 09:54 tony
-rwxr-xr-x    1 mariano  estas      229325 fév 21 09:54 tony.opt

(with ocaml-3.04)

May be you should give more details about your compilation
failure... Cheers

--
mailto:georges.mariano@inrets.fr     tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus         fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59

* Re: [Caml-list] XML parser
@ 2002-02-21 10:18   ` Warp
From: Warp @ 2002-02-21 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georges Mariano; +Cc: caml-list

> "Warp" <warplayer@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I need an XML parser for OCaml.
> > I tried both "Tony" and "PXP" but the first failed to compile
>
> ??
> make all.opt
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 mariano  estas       85001 fév 21 09:54 tony
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 mariano  estas      229325 fév 21 09:54 tony.opt
>
> (with ocaml-3.04)
>
> May be you should give more details about your compilation
> failure... Cheers

... under Win32
I didn't check what's wrong : probably the Makefile I wrote but it doesn't
seems like.
BTW, Tony author provide me the 0.9 version which compile fine.

Warp

* Re: [Caml-list] XML parser
@ 2002-02-22 12:41 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2002-02-22 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:08:41PM +0100, Warp wrote:
> Hi
> I need an XML parser for OCaml.
> I tried both "Tony" and "PXP" but the first failed to compile and the second
> one is quite heavy and needs FindLib which is not ported under Windows.

Findlib is needed "only" for the installation and to ease the
build of application that use PXP. IIRC installation is possible even
without findlib and application building is nowhere more difficult that
with other libraries that don't use findlib META system.

Ask the author for more advices on this.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro