* [Caml-list] WhizzyTeX 1.00  ---Ocaml outside only, sorry
@ 2002-03-07 19:59 Didier Remy
From: Didier Remy @ 2002-03-07 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml Users

It is my pleasure to announce the first release of WhizzyTeX.

WhizzyTeX is an Emacs minor mode for incrementally viewing LaTeX documents
that you are editing. It works under Unix with gv and xdvi viewers, but the
Active-DVI viewer (see http://pauillac.inria.fr/activedvi/) will provide
much better visual effects and will offer more functionalities.

Version 1.00 is now available.

The source code, documentation, and information are available at

        http://pauillac.inria.fr/whizzytex/

Bug reports to whizzytex-bugs@pauillac.inria.fr

Enjoy,

        Didier Rémy

----------------
WhizzyTeX does not uses Ocaml at all (for the moment), but it calls
Active-DVI, which uses Ocaml :-)

                                      Ocaml inside
                                          \/
               Emacs --> WhizzyTeX --> Active-DVI
                /\                          |
                 |                          |
                  \________________________/

* Emacs / OCaml Was Re: [Caml-list] WhizzyTeX 1.00  ---Ocaml outside only,  sorry
@ 2002-03-08  8:32 ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2002-03-08  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Didier.Remy; +Cc: Caml Users

I was writing emacs lisp last week and thought that it would be nicer to be
able to write it in OCaml.

I know efun, but will it be hard to interface Emacs/XEamcs and OCaml ? The
problem is how to treat Lisp variables, callbacks in both directions
and interaction between the two GCs. It seems hard, but may be there is a
simple solution that I do not see ...

--
Christophe Raffalli
Université de Savoie

tél: (33) 4 79 75 81 03
fax: (33) 4 79 75 87 42
mail: Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr
www: http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~RAFFALLI

* Re: Emacs / OCaml Was Re: [Caml-list] WhizzyTeX 1.00  ---Ocaml outside only,
@ 2002-03-08 12:58   ` Doug Bagley
From: Doug Bagley @ 2002-03-08 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml Users

Christophe Raffalli wrote:

> I was writing emacs lisp last week and thought that it would be nicer to be
> able to write it in OCaml.
>
> I know efun, but will it be hard to interface Emacs/XEamcs and OCaml ? The
> problem is how to treat Lisp variables, callbacks in both directions
> and interaction between the two GCs. It seems hard, but may be there is a
> simple solution that I do not see ...

It may be possible, but I believe it is hard. There was a project to
link Perl into Emacs (http://john-edwin-tobey.org/perlmacs/) but it it
has switched to a pipe interface, which may be an easier option if
someone wanted to do the same thing with OCaml.

cheers,
doug
--
http://www.bagley.org/~doug/contact.shtml