* [Caml-list] custom toplevel with threads
@ 2002-03-22  8:47 Rolf Wester
From: Rolf Wester @ 2002-03-22  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I made a custom toplevel with:

ocamlmktop -custom -thread -o ocaml_all.exe  -I +labltk unix.cma nums.cma str.cma
bigarray.cma labltk.cma -I +threads threads.cma

When running this toplevel it starts normally but as soon as I hit <return> the
toplevel excits without any message. When I make the toplevel omitting
threads.cma the toplevel works.

I'm using the native Windows OCaml3.04 distribution. Did I do anything wrong?
I would be appreciative for help.

Thanks in advance

Rolf Wester

* Re: [Caml-list] custom toplevel with threads
@ 2002-03-22 11:35 ` mattwb
From: mattwb @ 2002-03-22 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wester; +Cc: caml-list

From: "Rolf Wester" <wester@ilt.fhg.de>
Subject: [Caml-list] custom toplevel with threads
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:47:48 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I made a custom toplevel with:
>
> ocamlmktop -custom -thread -o ocaml_all.exe  -I +labltk unix.cma nums.cma str.cma
> bigarray.cma labltk.cma -I +threads threads.cma
>
> When running this toplevel it starts normally but as soon as I hit <return> the
> toplevel excits without any message. When I make the toplevel omitting
> threads.cma the toplevel works.
>
> I'm using the native Windows OCaml3.04 distribution. Did I do anything wrong?
> I would be appreciative for help.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rolf Wester
> -------------------------------------
> Rolf Wester
> rolf.wester@ilt.fraunhofer.de

The problem is on line 54 of the file
ocaml-3.04/otherlibs/systhreads/thread_win32.ml.
Change

    let preempt signal = yield()

to:

    let preempt signal =
      if not (!Sys.interactive && signal=(-11)) then yield()

Then recompile ocaml-3.04