* [Caml-list] camlimages and kernel memory
@ 2002-06-05 23:48 Fernando Alegre
From: Fernando Alegre @ 2002-06-05 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

We would like to use some kernel memory buffers from the camlimages libraries
without copying the data to userland. The data comes from digital cameras
directly (using DMA) to a kernel ringbuffer. Caml does not own that memory,
but we want Caml to use it as just another Image.t chunk (with a wrapper,
of course.)

Our question is: is there a safe way to do this? We don't want the garbage
collector to mess with the kernel memory, but we don't want to have
to code separately for "userland" and "kernel" images...

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

       Fernando