* [Caml-list] Gdkpixbuf
@ 2002-06-30 16:10 Ketanu
From: Ketanu @ 2002-06-30 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Does anyone know about using gdkpixbuf (from the gdk library) with objective
caml ? The gdkpixbuf object provides loading/saving images to many common
file formats, in a way usable altogether with GTK+.
--
Ketanu <katanu@wanadoo.fr> - RSA PGP Key ID: 0x20D90C12

* Re: [Caml-list] Gdkpixbuf
@ 2002-07-01  8:56 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2002-07-01  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ketanu; +Cc: caml-list, lablgtk

From: Ketanu <ketanu@wanadoo.fr>

> Does anyone know about using gdkpixbuf (from the gdk library) with objective
> caml ? The gdkpixbuf object provides loading/saving images to many common
> file formats, in a way usable altogether with GTK+.

OK, I've added some kind of support. See the new snapshot 2002-07-01.
To enable GdkPixbuf support, you must configure with USE_GNOME=1.
This is preliminary, but at least you can render any picture supported
by GdkPixbuf.

Another approach is to use the CamlImages library, which also offers
lablgtk compatibility.  I believe it allows more fancy processing.

Jacques Garrigue      Kyoto University     garrigue at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
		<A HREF=http://wwwfun.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~garrigue/>JG</A>

* [Caml-list] Re: Gdkpixbuf
@ 2002-07-01 10:31   ` Ketanu
From: Ketanu @ 2002-07-01 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> From: Ketanu <ketanu@wanadoo.fr>
>
>> Does anyone know about using gdkpixbuf (from the gdk library) with objective
>> caml ? The gdkpixbuf object provides loading/saving images to many common
>> file formats, in a way usable altogether with GTK+.
>
> OK, I've added some kind of support. See the new snapshot 2002-07-01.
> To enable GdkPixbuf support, you must configure with USE_GNOME=1.
> This is preliminary, but at least you can render any picture supported
> by GdkPixbuf.

I'll look around that.

> Another approach is to use the CamlImages library, which also offers
> lablgtk compatibility.  I believe it allows more fancy processing.

This approach may be very convenient, but when i used Camlimages for the
first time (2/3 monthes) i did not notice anything about lablgtk
compatibility (but with Graphics module compatibility), i just check
again http://pauillac.inria.fr/camlimages/ and i fand

LV -- Labl image Viewer

        This is camlimages+lablgtk image viewer, like `xv', but much
        limited. It works just with True or Direct colormodels.
        No PseudoColor support. And more, it is UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

which provides example code in using camlimages with lablgtk.

Thanks
--
Ketanu <katanu@wanadoo.fr> - RSA PGP Key ID: 0x20D90C12