* [Caml-list] LablGL 0.98
@ 2002-08-02  5:57 Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2002-08-02  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

LablGL 0.98 has just been released.
You can find it at
  http://wwwfun.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/soft/olabl/lablgl.html
  ftp://ftp.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/lang/olabl/lablgl-0.98.tar.gz

LablGL is an OpenGL interface for Objective Caml.
It supports many implementations of OpenGL, including Mesa, Xfree86
DRI, SGI, MacOSX, and now windows.
The GUI logic can be built using LablTk (included in the
distribution), LablGTK, or Isaac Trotts Lablglut.

Precompiled binaries for windows are available at the above address
(lablgl-0.98-ocamlwin-3.05.zip). With those you can start developping
on top of a raw Objective Caml installation.

The only other changes from previous versions are a few bug fixes.

By the way, this release was a bit late because I was on holidays.
And I'm the one responsible for the polymorphism bug in ocaml 3.05.
I'm very sorry for all the trouble.

Jacques Garrigue      Kyoto University     garrigue at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
		<A HREF=http://wwwfun.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~garrigue/>JG</A>

* Re: [Caml-list] LablGL 0.98
@ 2002-08-04  0:08 ` Michael Vanier
From: Michael Vanier @ 2002-08-04  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: garrigue; +Cc: caml-list

When compiling LablGL-0.98, I get this error:

Error on dynamically loaded library: ./dlltogl.so: undefined symbol: XmuLookupStandardColormap

I'm compiling on a Debian Linux system.  I have ocaml-3.05 working without
any problems.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

* Re: [Caml-list] LablGL 0.98
@ 2002-08-04  0:56   ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2002-08-04  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mvanier; +Cc: caml-list

From: Michael Vanier <mvanier@cs.caltech.edu>
> When compiling LablGL-0.98, I get this error:
>
> Error on dynamically loaded library: ./dlltogl.so: undefined symbol: XmuLookupStandardColormap
>
> I'm compiling on a Debian Linux system.  I have ocaml-3.05 working without
> any problems.  Any ideas?

You may need to add a few extra libraries to the link, here at least
-lXmu and -lXext.
See the comment about GLLIBS in Makefile.config.
You may also need -lpthread if you use the openGL coming with XFree 4
rather than Mesa.

Jacques Garrigue

* Re: [Caml-list] LablGL 0.98
@ 2002-08-06  0:00     ` Michael Vanier
From: Michael Vanier @ 2002-08-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

OK, this works (thanks).  Now... how do I compile the examples in the
lablGL-0.98/examples subdirectory?  The Makefile there only has a 'clean'
target.

Mike

> Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 09:56:00 +0900
> From: Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
>
> From: Michael Vanier <mvanier@cs.caltech.edu>
> > When compiling LablGL-0.98, I get this error:
> >
> > Error on dynamically loaded library: ./dlltogl.so: undefined symbol: XmuLookupStandardColormap
> >
> > I'm compiling on a Debian Linux system.  I have ocaml-3.05 working without
> > any problems.  Any ideas?
>
> You may need to add a few extra libraries to the link, here at least
> -lXmu and -lXext.
> See the comment about GLLIBS in Makefile.config.
> You may also need -lpthread if you use the openGL coming with XFree 4
> rather than Mesa.
>
> Jacques Garrigue

* Re: [Caml-list] LablGL 0.98
@ 2002-08-06 17:23       ` Sven LUTHER
From: Sven LUTHER @ 2002-08-06 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Vanier; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 05:00:13PM -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:

> OK, this works (thanks).  Now... how do I compile the examples in the
> lablGL-0.98/examples subdirectory?  The Makefile there only has a 'clean'
> target.

you run them with lablgl :

lablgl -labels example.ml

Friendly,